Antigua & Barbuda Offer United States $100 Million SettlementJanuary 1, 2017
Information regarding the $100 million settlement between Antigua & Barbuda and the USA has been revealed by Prime Minister Gaston Browne.
They’ve offered to settle with the US to resolve the dispute that has lasted over a decade.
“We have reduced the amount of the claim. In fact, we are now asking for US$100 million, negotiable, of course,” Browne said according to the Antigua Observer.
Browne claims that the gaming industry took on the cost of legal fees associated with the fight against the US after a deal made with the former administration.
Those companies will be reimbursed for the money they paid out once a settlement is agreed upon in addition to 75 percent of the remainder as 25 percent will go to the Antigua & Barbuda Government.